[News] Wine and CrossOver Get Too Good

How good is WINE at running Windows software on Linux? Good enough to get infected

,----[ Quote ]
| Filip was rewarded with an incredibly annoying
| bogus app that didn't care what platform it was
| installed on. Win Police Pro set up shop and
| began "scanning" his WINE C: drive for
| "viruses," and WINE neatly transformed the
| Windows system tray alerts to Gnome
| notifications. The infection was also able to
| attach itself to the WINE registry.
|
| While it's not the most positive endorsement of
| WINE around, it's still pretty impressive that
| an app like this was able to function without
| missing a beat (apart from a single error
| message).
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/10/27/how-good-is-wine-at-running-windows-software-on-linux-good-enou/

CrossOver To Receive Profiles Support, Left 4 Dead 2

,----[ Quote ]
| The announcement regarding the CrossOver 8.1
| series codenames was made on the CodeWeavers
| blog. No release date has been given for either
| the next CrossOver or CrossOver Games releases,
| but we would expect them to happen before
| year's end. Left 4 Dead 2 is being released on
| the 17th of November thereby putting the
| CrossOver Games release a few weeks out at a
| minimum.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzY0Mw

Recent:

CrossOver Games 8.0, Now With Zombie-Plague Protection

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/crossover-games-8-0-now-with-zombie-plague-protection