[News] GNU/Linux and the Free Stack Thrives in Abundance Needs

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux and the Free Stack Thrives in Abundance Needs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 07:21:52 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

'We need more of everything right now'

,----[ Quote ]
| Technology executives from across the
| country will descend on Nashville Nov. 5-6
| for the first ever Enterprise LAMP Summit.
| The event, created by Nashville-based
| technology strategy company Remarkable Wit
| and sponsored by several local companies and
| business groups, will explore the utility of
| the open source software stack â Linux,
| Apache, MySQL, PHP, Python and Perl, hence
| the LAMP acronym â for large businesses.
`----

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2009/10/26/we_need_more_of_everything_right_now

International Open Source Movement Growing at Faster Pace

,----[ Quote ]
| The fourth annual Actuate Open Source Survey
| shows open source software use holding its
| own and steadily growing worldwide.
|
| The study encompasses responses from almost
| 1,500 respondents from China, North America,
| the UK, Germany and France and was conducted
| independently by Survey Interactive.
`----

http://www.information-management.com/news/open_source_growing-10016396-1.html

Recent:

This Is Wrong: 'Without The Content Industries, The Internet Would Be Empty'

,----[ Quote ]
| Oh really? Why not try it, and let's see. The quote, by the way, was brought
| to us by Andrew Dubber, who properly calls Healey the "Wrongest Man on the
| Internet, July 2009." However, this really is how some of these guys think.
| They don't think that the internet really existed before they discovered it,
| and they think that everyone logs onto YouTube just to catch the latest TV
| clips. They don't realize that people use it to communicate and share and
| collaborate -- and that's a lot more useful than using it to get fed some
| mass market entertainment junk.

Why information is its own reward - same neurons signal thirst for water,
knowledge

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://scienceblogs.com/notrocketscience/2009/07/why_information_is_its_own_reward_-_same_neurons_signal_thir.php