[News] Lots of Graphics Drivers Enter Linux: Nvidia, S3, ATI

  • Subject: [News] Lots of Graphics Drivers Enter Linux: Nvidia, S3, ATI
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 08:53:16 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Nvidia 190.42 Linux Display Driver Has Support for OpenGL 3.2

,----[ Quote ]
| After quite a long development period,
| Nvidia finally decided to make Linux users
| happy again, by releasing a few minutes ago
| a brand-new and improved version of its
| graphics driver, Nvidia 190.42. As you see
| in the title, the big news is that Nvidia
| 190.42 now supports OpenGL 3.2. But, it also
| introduces support for the following video
| cards: GeForce G102M, GeForce GT 220,
| GeForce G210, GeForce G210M, GeForce GT
| 230M, GeForce GT 240M, GeForce GTS 250M and
| GeForce GTS 260M.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nvidia-190-42-Linux-Display-Driver-Has-Support-for-OpenGL-3-2-125389.shtml

S3 Graphics Launches GPU with Native OpenCL Support

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux kernel 2.6.xx with support for RedHat,
| SuSE, Ubuntu, Fedora Core, Debian, and other
| Linux distributions are supported by the
| 5400E drivers.
`----

http://www.hpcwire.com/topic/processors/S3-Graphics-Launches-GPU-with-Native-OpenCL-Support-66435122.html

ATI Catalyst Linux Display Driver 9.10

,----[ Quote ]
| AMD has released a new driver for ATI
| Radeon-chipsets, version 9.10. This driver
| is suitable for 32bit, or 64bit Linux
| versions.
`----

http://www.itrunsonlinux.com/news/119-ati-catalyst-linux-display-driver-910

Gone are the days of graphics card issues.

Recent:

Linux 2.6.32-rc5

,----[ Quote ]

`----