[News] Showcase for Graphics Applications in GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Showcase for Graphics Applications in GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 08:55 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Five Interesting GIMP Filters

,----[ Quote ]
| The Gimp has a great online index of all the
| current filter effects. You can see examples of
| all the different effects, without having to
| try each one out on your own photos.
|
| While a lot of people swear by that other
| program, Photosomething or other, The Gimp has
| huge array of unusual and interesting features.
| Filters are an easy way to get great results
| with just a few mouse clicks.
`----

http://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/166308-five-interesting-gimp-filters

Learn image manipulation and create a glassy wallpaper on GIMP

http://www.linuxforu.com/teach-me/learn-image-manipulation-and-create-a-glassy-wallpaper-on-gimp/

Inkscape Tutorial - An Isometric Tileset - part 3

http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=inkscape_tutorial_an_isometric_tileset_p_3&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Recent:

10 Sweet GIMP Photo Editing Tricks to Wean You Off Photoshop

,----[ Quote ]
| You could buy a used car -- albeit not a
| very good one -- for the same scratch it
| takes to pick up a copy of Adobe Photoshop,
| the de facto standard in high-end photo
| editing software. Or a pair of GTX 285
| graphics cards for that killer SLI setup
| you've always wanted. We could go on, but
| at $700 for a piece of software,
| Photoshop's MSRP hardly needs put into
| perspective. In short, it's expensive.
`----

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/10_sweet_gimp_photo_editing_tricks_wean_you_photoshop

Five Super Simple Photo Fixes with the GIMP

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Productivity-Sauce-Dmitri-s-open-source-blend-of-productive-computing/Five-Super-Simple-Photo-Fixes-with-the-GIMP