Re: [News] [Rival] Ballmer Terrified of GNU/Linux, Promotes Vista 7 as Mac

____/ Homer on Wednesday 28 Oct 2009 20:49 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that Peter KÃhlmann spake thusly:
>> Ezekiel wrote:
>>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Riiiight. Because if a proven liar like you says so then it must be
>>> true. Facts be damned.
>
> You mean facts like these?:
>
> [quote]
> Secunia has issued a total of 3 Secunia advisories in 2003-2009 for
> Microsoft Windows 7. Currently, 0% (0 out of 3) are marked as unpatched.

> Microsoft Local Security Authority Subsystem Denial of Service
> Vendor Patch. Secunia Advisory 1 of 3 in 2009. 826 views.
>
> Release Date: 2009-10-14
> Secunia Advisory ID: SA37002
> Solution Status: Vendor Patch
> Criticality: 3/5
> Impact: DoS
> Where: From remote
> Short Description:
>
> A vulnerability has been reported in Microsoft Windows, which can be
> exploited by malicious people to cause a DoS (Denial of Service).
>

> Microsoft Windows CryptoAPI Two Spoofing Vulnerabilities
> Vendor Patch. Secunia Advisory 2 of 3 in 2009. 680 views.
>
> Release Date: 2009-10-13
> Secunia Advisory ID: SA36999
> Solution Status: Vendor Patch
> Criticality: 3/5
> Impact: Spoofing
> Where: From remote
> Short Description:
>
> Two vulnerabilities have been reported in Microsoft Windows, which can
> be exploited by malicious people to conduct spoofing attacks.
>

> Microsoft Windows ActiveX Controls ATL "OleLoadFromStream()" Vulnerability
> Vendor Patch. Secunia Advisory 3 of 3 in 2009. 1,755 views.
> Release Date: 2009-10-13
> Secunia Advisory ID: SA36997
> Solution Status: Vendor Patch
> Criticality: 5/5
> Impact: Security Bypass System access
> Where: From remote
> Short Description:
>
> A vulnerability has been reported in Microsoft Windows, which can be
> exploited by malicious people to bypass certain security restrictions
> and compromise a user's system. [Read More]
> [/quote]
>
> http://secunia.com/advisories/product/27467/?task=advisories
>

> And this:
>
> [quote]
> Widespread Malware Attacks Target Windows 7, Vista SP1 and XP SP3
> Vulnerability
>
> Infections confirmed
>
> Win32/IRCbot.BH and Win32/Conficker.A used in attacks against Windows 7
> and Vista SP1
>
> Microsoft confirmed not only that malware attacks designed to take
> advantage of a Server Service vulnerability, affecting both Windows
> client and server versions of the platform, were no longer isolated and
> targeted cases, but also that infections with malicious code had been
> detected.
> [/quote]

> [...]

I have record of 6-7 flaws (mostly "critical") in Vista 7, since the very first release
(prebeta, 2008).

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

"Rejecting all mail that has a MAIL FROM:<> reduces the amount of spam
you get. So does rejecting all email that contains the letter "e"."
- -- Jacob W. Haller
Swap:  4088500k total,   417880k used,  3670620k free,   264040k cached