[News] PacketFence 1.8.5 is Out, Clipboard Applications in Review

  • Subject: [News] PacketFence 1.8.5 is Out, Clipboard Applications in Review
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 00:25:29 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

PacketFence 1.8.5 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Inverse Team is pleased to announce the
| immediate availability of PacketFence 1.8.5.
| This is a maintenance release of PacketFence
| which focuses on stability and includes many
| bug fixes and several small enhancements.
`----

http://www.packetfence.org/en/news/2009.html

Four Super Tools to Rock Your Clipboard

,----[ Quote ]
| Klipper - Similar to Glipper, this clipboard
| manager adds features to the native desktop
| app, but for the KDE environment. It's part
| of the official KDE base module, but you can
| also grab it as a standalone tool. Klipper
| buffers your copy history so even though the
| last snippet you grab is the first one
| pasted, you can refer back to other snippets
| if you need to. Actions based on regular
| expressions can be set in the Preferences
| section, or you can customize existing
| shortcuts any way you want.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/four-super-tools-to-rock-your-clipboard

Recent:

Clipboard management with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| In fact you will always need one on your Linux box.
`----

http://penguininside.blogspot.com/2009/09/clipboard-management-with-linux.html

Related:

Introduction to the Xwindows clipboard

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the things that amazes a lot of new users to Linux is how flexible the
| clipboard is.  It's one of the many features of Linux that I've come to
| depend upon greatly.  Without it, life could go on, but it would be much,
| much more difficult.  So I'm going to give you a brief introduction to it,
| and then allow you to do a little exploring on your own, because exploring
| and learning are half the fun of using Linux.
|
| The first thing to know is that the Xwindows clipboard is what is commonly
| known as a "two level" or "two layer" clipboard.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=457

Copy/Paste: Different Ways

,----[ Quote ]