[News] 2009 Linux Graphics Survey is Announced

  • Subject: [News] 2009 Linux Graphics Survey is Announced
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 12:32:01 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

2009 Linux Graphics Survey

,----[ Quote ]
| This year we are hosting the survey once
| again to allow the development community
| to get a better understanding of the video
| hardware in use, what open-source and
| closed-source drivers are being used, and
| other relevant information that will help
| them and the Linux community.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=lgs_2009

DRI2 Sync + Swap Extensions Near Reality

,----[ Quote ]
| Jesse has added support to Mesa and the X
| Server that will allow for the appropriate
| OpenGL/GLX extensions that expose syncing
| and frame counting capabilities
| (SGI_swap_control, SGI_video_sync,
| SGIX_swap_barrier, etc). This code though
| is currently housed in his personal Git
| repositories as the patches await review
| and feedback (mailing list message). This
| DRI2 synchronization and buffer swaps code
| is also dependent upon revisions to
| dri2proto and libdrm along with the latest
| DRM code that will eventually be pushed
| into the Linux 2.6.33 kernel due to its
| vblank event support.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzY1Ng

Related:

2007 Linux Graphics Survey Results

,----[ Quote ]
| For the past month we had been running the 2007 Linux Graphics Survey at
| Phoronix where we polled users to find out what display hardware they use,
| what their driver choice(s) are, and their other preferences as it pertains
| to Linux desktop users on the visual front. We received over 20,000
| submissions from this survey and have the results to share with you on this
| Thanksgiving here in the United States.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=924&num=1

2008 Linux Graphics Survey Results