[News] Analysis of Leaked Papers from 'Legalised Bribery' Against Free Software

  • Subject: [News] Analysis of Leaked Papers from 'Legalised Bribery' Against Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 13:12:03 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Corporate lobbying against free software

,----[ Quote ]
| Itâs rare to find, then, a brochure produced
| with the intent of talking down free software
| as a whole. However, Wikileaks has turned up
| just such a document: the SirsiDynix brochure
| against âopen sourceâ library software,
| distributed on a restricted basis to certain
| customers. In particular, theyâre raging
| against the likes of Evergreen and Koha. I
| should own up that Iâve known one particular
| Koha developer, MJ Ray, for a long while, but
| this isnât an area I particularly have a lot
| of direct experience. If I were a Koha
| developer, though, reading this would be a
| bit smarting: they accuse it of many things,
| in particular of having priorities belonging
| in the 80s.
`----

http://www.alexhudson.com/blog/2009/10/30/corporate-lobbying-against-free-software/

Hudson: Corporate lobbying against free software

http://lwn.net/Articles/359669/rss

Recent:

UK MoD Manual of Security Volumes 1, 2 and 3 Issue 2, JSP-440, RESTRICTED, 2389 pages, 2001

,----[ Quote ]

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/UK_MoD_Manual_of_Security_Volumes_1%2C_2_and_3_Issue_2%2C_JSP-440%2C_RESTRICTED%2C_2389_pages%2C_2001