[News] GNU/Linux Better Desktop Than Vista 7 -- Claim

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Better Desktop Than Vista 7 -- Claim
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 01:12:51 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

5 Reasons why Ubuntu 9.10 is better than Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Want a program that doesn't come with the
| operating system? Easy. Use the Ubuntu
| Software Center, Ubuntu's new one stop
| application 'store.' I put store in quotes
| because it's all free. With Windows, you
| know the drill. Go to your local store, poke
| around what's available on Download.Com and
| Tucows, etc. etc. Just be sure to have your
| credit-card ready since a good deal of
| Windows software isn't open source or free.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/15035/5_reasons_why_ubuntu_9_10_is_better_than_windows_7

Is Ubuntu Ready for a Non-tech-savvy Girlfriend?

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, Ubuntu isnât too hard to use or
| learn for anyone who doesnât have much
| technical knowledge. While some of it will
| be a challenge, most of it isnât more
| difficult than Mac or Windows. The look and
| feel might take some time to get used to,
| but that's the initial buy-in of picking up
| a new OS. Knowing the names and locations of
| what you are looking for can be tricky at
| first, but you learn pretty quickly.
`----

http://laptoplogic.com/resources/ubuntu-ready-for-your-gf

Gallery: Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

http://content.zdnet.com/2346-9595_22-359946-1.html

Photo review: Karmic Koala kickstarts new Ubuntu 9.10

,----[ Quote ]
| During the install we were also offered an
| encrypted home folder, protected by username
| and password. There is no nonsense about
| needing a premium edition to get such
| features; Ubuntu users can have it all.
`----

http://www.computerweekly.com/galleries/238396-1/Installation-Review-of-Ubuntu-Karmic-Koala.htm

Microsoft is very nervous about 9.10. Its shills, such as Gavin Clarke, attack
Ubuntu, which means it's a threat to him and his precious Microsoft.

Recent:

Review: Ubuntu 9.10 v Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Verdict: Ubuntu wins this hands down with a
| huge range of free software packages ready to
| download.
`----

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2009/oct/27/ubuntu-koala-windows7-review

Ubuntu Karmic Koala Climbs Into the Ring

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Ubuntu-Karmic-Koala-Climbs-Into-the-Ring-68492.html