[News] FUD Against Free Software Becomes Risky Territory

  • Subject: [News] FUD Against Free Software Becomes Risky Territory
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 08:19:30 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Open source FUD is alive and kicking

,----[ Quote ]
| The frequency with which such articles appear
| has lessened to a marked degree simply because
| people who pen them often end up being branded
| as fools.
|
| [...]
|
| I've been watching people trying to spread FUD
| about FOSS for the last 12 years and not one
| has succeeded. They've all been shot down in
| flames. Some of the hardy veterans who have
| been countering the FUD, people like the
| erudite David F. Skoll of the Canadian company
| Roaring Penguin, are still around and still
| firing back.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/29010/1090/

Recent:

Marketing materials from ILS vendor touches off a flurry of reaction

,----[ Quote ]
| Late last night, news of a document from
| SirsiDynix VP of Innovation Stephen Abram
| slamming open source library systems began
| circulating via Twitter. Within a day, it has
| drawn much commentary, both pointed and
| cautious, from those in the heated debate
| between open source and proprietary integrated
| library system (ILS) software.
`----

http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6704622.html

SirsiDynix Corp restricted lobby paper against Open Source technologies, Sep 2009

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/SirsiDynix_Corp_restricted_lobby_paper_against_Open_Source_technologies%2C_Sep_2009