[News] KDevelop Beta 6 Released, Other KDE News

  • Subject: [News] KDevelop Beta 6 Released, Other KDE News
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 01:34:22 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

KDevelop Beta 6 and PHP Beta 1 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDevelop team is proud to announce the
| sixth beta of KDevelop4. There haven't been
| any major features started since beta 5 as
| this is mostly a bugfix release
| (demonstrated by the list of fixed bugs).
| This also marks the end of the KDE 4.2
| support. With this release KDevelop4
| requires KDE 4.3 and Qt 4.5 to fully supply
| the GUI we want to provide our users with.
| It is also the last release that we're doing
| on behalf of ourselves, all upcoming betas
| will be done together with KDE 4.4. We are
| aiming at releasing with KDE 4.4.0 as we
| think that KDevelop4 is ready feature-wise
| and really needs to get a first release out
| of the door.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/11/04/kdevelop-beta-6-and-php-beta-1-released

Finding Geotagged Photos in digiKam

http://scribblesandsnaps.wordpress.com/2009/11/04/finding-geotagged-photos-in-digikam/

Switching from Compiz to the KDE Native Composite Engine

,----[ Quote ]
| Originally when I switched from GNOME to KDE
| 4, I kept using Compiz. But with the unknown
| state of Compiz++ / Compiz-Fusion, I opted
| to give the KDE 4 native compositing engine
| an honest shot.
`----

http://www.benkevan.com/blog/switching-from-compiz-to-the-kde-native-composite-engine/

Amarok Joins Software Freedom Conservancy and Starts Rokvember Fund Raiser

,----[ Quote ]
| The Amarok team is aiming to raise $10,000
| for the coming year and asking users to help
| the project by making tax-deductible
| donations during our Rokvember fund raiser.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/11/05/amarok-joins-software-freedom-conservancy-and-starts-rokvember-fund-raiser

Recent:

NetBeans IDE enhanced for teams, scripting

,----[ Quote ]
| [N]etBeans, the open source IDE championed by Sun Microsystems, is being
| fitted with additional capabilities this week for development teams and
| scripting languages.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2009/062909-netbeans-ide-enhanced-for-teams.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

KDevelop 4 Beta 4 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| On behalf of the KDevelop team I am happy to announce the Beta 4 release of
| KDevelop 4. This release includes some major new features, such as working
| sets (only available when building with KDE 4.3), integration of the
| quickopen functionality into the toolbar and a new perspective switcher (see
| the upper right corner of the mainwindow). We have of course also fixed again
| a lot of bugs, for example non-text files such as images will not crash
| KDevelop anymore when closing them, Valgrind execution is working again, the
| debugger's variable view has been fixed and a lot of crash fixes related to
| parsing and code-completion popups. Altogether we have managed to fix 30 bugs
| in just 30 days.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/06/28/kdevelop-4-beta-4-released

9 of the Best Free Linux Debuggers

,----[ Quote ]
| Debugging is the process of finding and reducing the number of bugs in
| computer software and electronic hardware. When a program crashes, the
| debugger shows the position in the original code. A good debugger plays an
| essential role in software development.
|
| Debugging can be more difficult when various subsystems are tightly coupled,
| as changes in one may cause bugs to appear in another.
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20090624155431809/Debuggers.html

KDevelop4 Beta 3 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDevelop team is proud to announce the third public beta of KDevelop4.
| This release includes some major new features, such as a new code-writing
| assistant, a new documentation plugin showing you the API docs for Qt and KDE
| APIs, a reworked
| Mercurial plugin and a rewrite of the classbrowser plugin. On top of that we
| improved stability a lot, made loads of small improvements throughout and
| fixed as many bugs as we could.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/05/30/kdevelop4-beta-3-released

KDE4: The Future of the X Desktop?