[News] Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 Works Well on Sub-notebooks, GNU/Linux Prominent

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 Works Well on Sub-notebooks, GNU/Linux Prominent
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 09:13:23 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 Shines Bright

,----[ Quote ]
| UNR represents a solid step forward for
| netbook users. It provides anyone familiar
| with Ubuntu the same basic commands and
| applications you'll find in the desktop
| addition. It also makes it a snap to sync
| your key files between your main machine
| and a second (or third) painlessly. In
| contrast, Moblin caters to the mobile user
| interested in quick access to their
| favorite applications coupled with a quick
| boot time. Both do what they do well and
| should meet the basic needs of most any
| netbook user.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6893/1/

Linux is becoming the king of netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
| What will be critical for Linux is the rise
| of netbooks that run on ARM processors. As
| the sales of these increase, Orr predicts
| Linux will overtake Windows on netbooks by
| 2013.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1561372/linux-king-netbooks

Recent:

Working with Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala: initial impressions

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=4617