[News] Microsoft Lies About Openness, Cross Platform, and Sharing

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Lies About Openness, Cross Platform, and Sharing
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 10:01:32 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft's Biological Implants

,----[ Quote ]
| Gotta love the segue from "strong tradition
| of open development, code sharing and
| cross-platform support" to "here, take
| these patent-encumbered .NET Framework toys
| to play with".
|
| The point being, of course, that once you
| have dutifully installed the .NET
| framework, with all the patents that
| Microsoft claims on it, and become locked
| into it through use and habit, you are part
| of the Microsoft-controlled ecosystem. And
| there you are likely to stay, since
| Microsoft doesn't even pretend any of this
| stuff will be ported to other platforms.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/11/microsofts-biological-implants.html

Altar Call from the Gates Foundation

,----[ Quote ]
| There is a media blitz being conducted by
| the Gates Foundation these days. Lest we
| forget about Bill Gates on November 11, you
| can see one of his most prolific fans talk
| with him in New York. Bill would autograph
| books at this event but he has not
| 'written' one in a decade. Though you can
| bet Matthew will be flogging his new
| edition.
`----

http://gateskeepers.civiblog.org/blog/_archives/2009/11/5/4371956.html

Kate James, formerly of GSK, leaves Citibank to lead communications at the Gates Foundation

,----[ Quote ]
| A corporate communication person is just
| what the Gates Foundation needs to lead
| their corporate communications. Why
| communicate with communities anyway? And
| hey, isn't Glaxo Smith Kline Tachi Yamada's
| old outfit?
`----

http://gateskeepers.civiblog.org/blog/_archives/2009/11/3/4369720.html

Recent: