[News] New Lists of Free Software for Various Purposes

  • Subject: [News] New Lists of Free Software for Various Purposes
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:12:08 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Open Source You Can Use, November Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| First, a blast from the past. To be honest,
| I thought Mozilla's SeaMonkey was a dead
| project, long since eclipsed by the one-two
| punch of Firefox and Thunderbird. Turns out
| it's been very quietly under wraps for a
| long time now, and has finally reached a
| 2.0 release (PortableApps version).
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2009/11/open_source_you_8.html;jsessionid=ECQ0FLG2PS5C1QE1GHOSKHWATMY32JVN

11 Top Open-source Resources for Cloud Computing

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-source software has been on the rise
| at many businesses during the extended
| economic downturn, and one of the areas
| where it is starting to offer companies a
| lot of flexibility and cost savings is in
| cloud computing. Cloud deployments can save
| money, free businesses from vendor lock-ins
| that could really sting over time, and
| offer flexible ways to combine public and
| private applications. The following are 11
| top open-source cloud applications,
| services, educational resources, support
| options, general items of interest, and
| more.
`----

http://gigaom.com/2009/11/06/10-top-open-source-resources-for-cloud-computing/

Recent:

Cloud Computing. Does it have any value at all?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://linuxgeeksunited.blogspot.com/2009/10/cloud-computing-does-it-have-any-value.html