[News] New Mouse Targets OpenOffice.org Users, New Project Conceived for Messaging

  • Subject: [News] New Mouse Targets OpenOffice.org Users, New Project Conceived for Messaging
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:14:41 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

OpenOffice Introduces Multi-Button Confusion With New Mouse

,----[ Quote ]
| WarMouse, in collaboration with the
| OpenOffice.org community, revealed on
| Friday a new open-source mouse developed
| specifically for users of the OpenOffice
| suite.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/181656/openoffice_introduce_multibutton_confusion_with_new_mouse.html

Fudge Messaging: A new open source encoding for messaging

,----[ Quote ]
| Kirk Wylie and the OpenGamma team have
| announced the Fudge Messaging Project, an
| open source message encoding protocol.
| Fudge (Fast Unstructured Data Generic
| Encoding) is designed to be a self-
| describing, type-safe, binary hierarchical
| encoding suitable for use in messaging
| layers in middleware. The project is in its
| early days, but already has Java and C#
| reference implementations. The Java
| implementation is in daily use at OpenGamma
| and is, according to Wylie, "rock-solid in
| stability and very good in performance".
| What is still to come is "polished
| releases" says Wylie, but the developers
| wanted to get the code out as soon as they
| reasonably could.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Fudge-Messaging-A-new-open-source-encoding-for-messaging-852604.html

Related:

KDE gestures you to easier computer control.

,----[ Quote ]
| That's how easy it is to set up KDE to control your computer without ever
| having to touch the keyboard. For the command line commando's it is not an
| ideal system but those of us Borg that have the optical sensor embedded into
| the palm of our hand it can be a real time saver.
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/kde-gestures-you-to-easier-computer-control-21277

Gestikk - mouse gesture recognition in Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| gestikk provides mouse gestures for you, supporting many linux window
| managers. With gestikk, you can easily control your PC by drawing gestures
| with the mouse: mouse gestures. Gestikk allows to define an infinite number
| of gestures, which start applications or simulate key presses. Versions >=
| 0.5 uses PyGTK for GUI and python-virtkey for keypresses.
`----

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/gestikk-mouse-gesture-recognition-in-ubuntu.html

Apple Layoffs Are Expected

,----[ Quote ]