[News] FFmpeg Foundation NGO Might be Coming

Possible Formation of FFmpeg Foundation NGO

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently posted on the FFmpeg Developers
| mailing list was a request for comment from
| Ronald Bultje regarding the intention to form
| an FFmpeg Foundation (although not using that
| name).
`----

http://stream0.org/2009/11/possible-formation-of-ffmpeg-f.html

Ripping CDs with FLAC - Best Compression Settings

http://stream0.org/2009/11/ripping-cds-with-flac-best-com.html

Recent:

FFmpeg made easy

,----[ Quote ]
| So you've got those expensive headphones you always wanted. You put them on,
| set your playlist on shuffle, lean back on the recliner, and hit play. And
| Robbie Williams sounds just as bad as he did on the older cheapo headphones.
| What gives? Unless you aren't a Robbie fan, the music doesn't sound great
| because it isn't encoded to.
`----

http://tuxradar.com/content/ffmpeg-made-easy

An Interview With The Developers Of FFmpeg

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier this week the FFmpeg project reached version 0.5, which was quite
| significant considering no new FFmpeg release was made available in years.
| This release contained a plethora of new encoders and decoders, support for
| VDPAU, a variety of bug-fixes, and many other improvements. What is next for
| FFmpeg? When will we see proper Blu-ray support? Will there be a 1.0 release
| in the foreseeable future? To answer these questions plus others, I spoke
| with three of the main FFmpeg developers about this very popular -- and
| important -- open-source multimedia project.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ffmpeg_05_interview&num=1

Mplayer, FFmpeg Gain VA-API Support

,----[ Quote ]