[News] LyX Advocated as Preferred Documents Producer

  • Subject: [News] LyX Advocated as Preferred Documents Producer
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:20:31 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The next document I put together will be done with LyX

,----[ Quote ]
| In other words LyX in a fairly easy to use
| graphical interface for Tex/LaTex documents.
|
| One of the things that makes people go gaga
| over LyX and Tex and Latex is that it works
| great for mathematical formulas. This is a
| problem for me because I hardly ever need to
| work with mathematical formulas. But, any
| manual, any on line information, etc. about
| LyX, TeX, or LaTex is about one third or more
| about mathematical formulas.
|
| Why would you NOT use a WYSIWYG word processor
| for a document that has several sections,
| several graphics and tables, and is a hundred
| pages long or so with a table of contents and
| references?
`----

http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2009/11/the_next_document_i_put_togeth.php

Recent:

LyX - A mighty document processor

,----[ Quote ]
| If you're looking into impressing your colleagues, you boss - even yourself,
| I can think of no simpler or easier way. Grab this fabulous piece of
| software, start typing and that's it. You'll have superbly laid out documents
| ready in seconds. Just try it. You won't be disappointed.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/lyx.html

Related:

What's new in LyX 1.6?

,----[ Quote ]
| The development of LyX 1.6.0 took off in July 2007. In November 2008, LyX
| 1.6.0 was finally released. Here's an overview of the major new features that
| were implemented.
`----

http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX16

LyX 1.6 is ready for release