[News] Advice to Ubuntu Regarding Marketing

Ubuntu should focus its marketing on LTS versions

,----[ Quote ]
| This strategy would have the benefit to also
| improve the marketing. Significant marketing
| efforts could be done every two years, instead
| of every six months, which would allow to reach
| more people. After all, a newspaper will not
| run a cover story of news that take place every
| six months.
`----

http://bits.quintanasegui.com/2009/11/08/ubuntu-should-focus-its-marketing-on-lts-versions/

Ubuntu: The complete beginnerâs guide

,----[ Quote ]
| It should be possible to get Ubuntu running on
| a system with the following minimum hardware
| specification, although it is unlikely that the
| system would run well.
| 300 MHz x86 processor
| 64 MB of system memory (RAM)
| At least 4 GB of disk space (for full
| installation and swap space)
| VGA graphics card capable of 640x480 resolution
| CD-ROM drive or network card
`----

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/features/featuredetail.asp?file=novemberfeatures22009.xml

Recent:

Ubuntu Linux- A cost below free.

,----[ Quote ]
| The competitive advantage of "free" that Ubuntu has simply does not sell with
| the enterprise market. Most corporate users would not migrate to Ubuntu
| simply because it is free. As long as they are willing to pay lots of money
| for MS Windows licenses, then it invariably means that  to corporate and
| enterprise customers there is a price lower than free.
`----

http://sinaisix.blogspot.com/2009/08/ubuntu-linux-cost-below-free.html

Ubuntu: Marketing Frustrations

,----[ Quote ]