[News] Ubuntu Open Week Closes, Ubuntu Newsletter Released

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Open Week Closes, Ubuntu Newsletter Released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 23:29:46 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu Open Week in a Nutshell

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Open Week had 40 hours of session,
| with each session hovering at about 300
| people per session. Imagine a week long 300+
| conference somewhere. If you have ever
| attended a conference of this size you can
| appreciate the significance this many
| participants from across the world coming
| together across multiple timezones, without
| the expense of hotel rooms, travel, AV needs
| and food. Online conferences such as Ubuntu
| Open Week afford people the ability to learn
| in the comfort of their own homes or office.
`----

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/1935

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 167

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter,
| Issue #167 for the week November 1st -
| November 7th, 2009. In this issue we cover:
| Lucid open for development, Ubuntu Open Week
| review, Updating the Ubuntu Code of Conduct,
| Ubuntu Marketing Team revival and
| SpreadUbuntu, LoCo News: Tunisia, Norway, New
| York State, Massachusetts, Ubuntu Forums
| Tutorial of the Week, Ubuntu Hits Italian
| National TV (again), Canonical Matching
| Creative Commons Donations, LugRadio
| Documentary â Now Available Online, Team
| Meeting Summaries: October 2009, and much,
| much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue167

Recent:

Ubuntu Karmic Koala NBR on Asus EEE 901

,----[ Quote ]
| Very nice, very simple install with perfect
| results.
|
| Well done Ubuntu!
`----

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/nzsouthernman/6906

I did the deed (yet again)

,----[ Quote ]
| Within an hour, the packages had been
| downloaded and I clicked the button to
| start the upgrade. Then, I went out with my
| daughter. When I got home, I found a dialog
| box asking me whether to keep or overwrite
| a configuration file related to the
| printing system (I kept it). After that,
| the upgrade finished in about 10 minutes
| and my laptop restarted.
`----

http://scottnesbitt.net/ubuntublog/?p=543

Ubuntu 9.10 â First Impressions