[News] [Rival] Google is Killing Microsoft Softly

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Google is Killing Microsoft Softly
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 00:43:50 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Cloud computing threatens Microsoft business model

http://www.edlconsulting.com/newsdetail.php?id=492&headline=Cloud_computing_threatens_Microsoft_business_model

Google Kinks Microsoft's Air Supply

,----[ Quote ]
| As part of a 2006 settlement between
| Microsoft and the state of California
| alleging overcharges for software, the city
| of Los Angeles received several million
| dollars. The city will use $1.5 million of
| that Microsoft money to pay most of the $1.9
| million cost of the Google contract's first
| year. Ouch. That is not a cloud with a silver
| lining for Microsoft.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2009/11/google_kinks_mi.html;jsessionid=G1SYFRG42TGI5QE1GHOSKHWATMY32JVN

Is Microsoft a dinosaur to Google's mammal?

,----[ Quote ]
| However (and this is a really big however),
| Googleâs products are maturing at an
| incredible pace, perhaps because they eat
| their own dogfood and run their own
| enterprise on Google technologies. Hereâs the
| real question you have to ask yourself: Is it
| worth investing in a Microsoft ecosystem now?
| Or does Microsoft need to fundamentally shift
| directions if it hopes to keep attracting new
| customers in a world that is increasingly
| turning to the Web for everything it does?
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=26822

Students prefer Google to Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Google is the world's most attractive
| employer, followed closely by its rival,
| Microsoft, said a recent survey by Universum,
| a provider in research, strategic consulting
| and media solutions in the field of employer
| branding.
`----

http://www.ciol.com/Developer/News-Reports/Students-prefer-Google-to-Microsoft/31109127222/0/

Turbulence on the Way to the Cloud

,----[ Quote ]
| British newspaper publisher Telegraph Media
| switched from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail and
| is rolling out other Google Apps.
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/nov2009/gb2009116_988428.htm

Google's Obsession With Microsoft Burns Hotter

,----[ Quote ]
| Google CEO Eric Schmidt claims that Microsoft
| has provided his company with a sort of
| 'reverse roadmap' of what not to do to
| achieve sustained success, a comment that
| shows just how preoccupied Google has become
| with its gigantic rival.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/221600713;jsessionid=GFF3PGBKO31CDQE1GHOSKH4ATMY32JVN

Google CEO: We Wonât Repeat Microsoftâs Mistakes

,----[ Quote ]
| Google CEO Eric Schmidt is on a bit of a
| Microsoft offensive. Earlier this week, while
| talking to press in Boston when Schmidt was
| asked to comment on a statement by Microsoft
| CEO Steve Ballmer, he said, âIâve learned not
| to respond to quotes by Steve Ballmer.â Oh
| Snap!
`----

http://gigaom.com/2009/11/05/google-ceo-we-wont-repeat-the-mistakes-of-microsoft/

Google: Donât Be Evil. Or Microsoft.

http://mashable.com/2009/11/06/google-ceo-dont-be-microsoft/

Yahoo! and Microsoft search deal delayed until 2010

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/microsoft/6493536/Yahoo-and-Microsoft-search-deal-delayed-until-2010.html

Microsoft is VERY afraid of Google.

`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/151568/ballmer_still_searching_for_an_answer_to_google.html