[News] [Rival] Microsoft's Puppet Novell Inc. Promotes .NET

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Puppet Novell Inc. Promotes .NET
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:10:52 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Got Mono? Visual Studio Does

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, Tuesday November 10, 2009, Novell
| announces a Visual Studio plugin that allows
| support for non-Microsoft operating systems
| that use .NET code development on a platform
| known as Mono via a new product called Mono
| Tools for Visual Studio 1.0. This is not a
| cost free toolset. In fact, it's really quite
| pricey--starting at $99 for the Professional
| (Individual) version. Of course, compared to
| the exorbitant price of Visual Studio, that's
| a mere pittance.
|
| [...]
|
| What do you think? Do you think the SUSE-only
| limitation is too great for widespread
| adoption or do you think it's OK?
`----

http://www.daniweb.com/news/story237495.html

Novell Delivers First Commercial Solution to Build .NET Applications for Linux with Microsoft Visual Studio

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/novell-delivers-first-commercial-solution,1037241.shtml

Novell adds debugger to Mono to help Windows apps get to Linux

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/111009-novell-debugger-mono.html

Recent:

Mono for Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]