[News] Sidux 2009-03 is Released and Sidux 2009-02 Reviewed

  • Subject: [News] Sidux 2009-03 is Released and Sidux 2009-02 Reviewed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:47:02 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Articles: sidux 2009-03

,----[ Quote ]
| Later than originally planned, we now have
| the pleasure to announce the immediate
| availability of sidux 2009-03 "ÎÏÎÎÏ",
| shipping with kernel 2.6.31 and KDE 4.3.2
| in the following flavours:
|
|     * KDE-lite, amd64, en/ de, â565 MB.
|     * KDE-lite, i686, en/ de, â560 MB.
|     * KDE-full, amd64+i686, en/ de (bg, da, el, es, fr, hr, hu, it, ja, nl, pt, pt_BR, ro, ru through liveapt) â2.1 GB.
|     * XFCE, amd64, en/ de, â495 MB.
|     * XFCE, i686, en/ de, â490 MB.
`----

http://sidux.com/module-News-display-sid-550.html

sidux 2009-03 Has Linux Kernel 2.6.31.6 and KDE 4.3.2

http://news.softpedia.com/news/sidux-2009-03-Has-Linux-Kernel-2-6-31-6-and-KDE-4-3-2-126694.shtml

Sidux 2009-02 - Review and Commentary

,----[ Quote ]
| We decided to take the KDE Lite version of
| Sidux 2009-02 for a test spin and see how
| it fares amidst other debian based
| distributions.
|
| [...]
|
| Sidux is a debian based linux distribution
| that is based on the Sid branch. It
| features KDE and is, for the most part,
| normally not something I would recommend
| for beginning users. This is primarily due
| to it favoring text-based tools as opposed
| to GUI based for things such as package
| installation and the like. This makes it a
| great distribution for intermediate to
| expert users who are looking for an
| optimized debian with KDE 4.3.
`----

http://linuxcritic.com/stories/29-Sidux-2009-03-Review-and-Commentary.html

Recent:

sidux 2009.02, waiting for antiX M8.2

,----[ Quote ]
| I was going to wait for both sidux 2009.02 and antiX M8.2 to come out, since
| there were test versions of both out earlier this month. antiX has been in
| public testing longer, but anticapitalista wants to get a few things just
| right before releasing. Meanwhile, the public test versions, including the
| Pre Final 1 for antiX M8.2 look very good.
`----

http://usalug-org.blogspot.com/2009/07/sidux-200902-waiting-for-antix-m82.html

sidux 2009-02: A Playground For The Adventurous

,----[ Quote ]
| KIDS these days have amazing play facilities filled with intricate
| log-and-cable structures designed to test their nerve and athleticism.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2009/07/sidux-2009-02-playground-for.html

Sidux 2009-02 (KDE)

,----[ Quote ]