[News] Asus and Garmin Work Together on Linux (Android)

  • Subject: [News] Asus and Garmin Work Together on Linux (Android)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:23:28 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Asus and Garmin Make an Android

,----[ Quote ]
| I just love company tie ups, and Asus â
| Garmin is one particular company I am
| interested in. I have yet to see any of
| their old devices first hand, though I am
| aware of the M20 and G60 by reputation. The
| G60 in particular got my attention when it
| launched as it used the Linux mobile
| operating system.
`----

http://www.blog.moby1.co.uk/2009/11/garmin-asus-phones/asus-and-garmin-make-an-android.html

Garmin to embrace Android with plans for new handset

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/Garmin-to-embrace-Android-with-plans-for-new-handset-7789.php

Recent:

Android to replace Garmin-Asus' current Linux platform

,----[ Quote ]
| At CommunicAsia today, Garmin-Asus showed off its nuvifone G60 and M20
| devices. The former was first developed independently by Garmin and later
| rebadged with the new brand name after the two companies decided to
| collaborate on a line of navigation-focused smartphones.
`----

http://asia.cnet.com/crave/2009/06/16/android-to-replace-garmin-asus-current-linux-platform/

Garmin-Asus nuvifone G60

,----[ Quote ]
| The phone runs on Linux (the first smartphone to do so, to the best of my
| knowledge).
`----

http://digital.asiaone.com/Digital/Reviews/Story/A1Story20090819-162083.html

Android Garmin Nuvifone in the works

,----[ Quote ]
| The revelation comes following the
| announcement of Google Maps Navigation and we
| can't help thinking that jumping from Linux,
| to Symbian, to Android is a bit of a
| coincidence, particularly given the
| impressive demo we've seen so far.
`----

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/blog/359280/android_garmin_nuvifone_in_the_works.html

Garminâs new nuvi 1690 and 1860: specs and more

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.product-reviews.net/2009/08/19/garmins-new-nuvi-1690-and-1860-specs-and-more/