[News] New Collaborations Help Spread Free/Open Source Software

  • Subject: [News] New Collaborations Help Spread Free/Open Source Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:27:49 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Open Source Provider and Cloud Computing to Make Possible Successful Combo

,----[ Quote ]
| With over five million application downloads
| and over 500,000 users in 75 languages within
| the customer relationship management, or
| âCRM,â industry, open source CRM
| providerHowever, according to SugarCRM (News -
| Alert) CEO Larry Augustin, the company has a
| strong cloud story to pitch as well.
`----

http://www.tmcnet.com/channels/open-source-crm/articles/68774-open-source-provider-cloud-computing-make-possible-successful.htm

Hippo and Sonatype Announce Distribution and Technology Partnership

,----[ Quote ]
| Hippo has successfully employed Sonatype's
| products for internal development and many
| implementations in the past. The partnership
| further strengthens the relationship between
| the two companies and provides Hippo's
| customers with access to the Sonatype product
| suite and its expert knowledge, as well as
| ensures optimal synergy when building Hippo
| with Maven / Sonatype tools.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20091104006149&newsLang=en

Recent:

SearchCRM.com: What are your goals in this interim period as SugarCRM's CEO?

,----[ Quote ]
| Larry Augustin: Increase our focus on our customers, continue to support the
| very strong developer and open source community and continue to drive the
| business along those directions. I think we've got a great customer base
| here. We have a product that people love. I think that's witnessed by the
| developer, open source traction we have. We're going to continue to leverage
| that.
`----

http://searchcrm.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid11_gci1364524,00.html

Podcast: SugarCRM CEO Larry Augustin