[News] [Rival] Anyone Can Crash Vista 7 Remotely, Server 2008 Also

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Anyone Can Crash Vista 7 Remotely, Server 2008 Also
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 15:28:27 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Win 7 remote kernel crasher code released

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has reportedly begun investigating
| a potentially nasty denial of service
| vulnerability affecting Windows 7.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/12/win7_kernel_crasher/

Crashing Windows 7 & Server 2008 R2 with SMB

,----[ Quote ]
| I do wonder sometimes about Microsoft's
| quality assurance. No, I tell a lie. I
| always wonder about Microsoft's quality
| assurance. As in, "How can they keep making
| mistakes like this?" In the latest, a new
| SMB vulnerability has been found and
| exploited that can lock-up any Windows 7 or
| Server 2008 R2 system.
|
| As reported in ComputerWorld, Laurent Gaffie
| posted details of the vulnerabilities, along
| with proof-of-concept exploit code, to the
| Full Disclosure security mailing list today,
| as well as to his personal blog. Gaffie
| claimed that his exploit crashes the kernel
| in Windows 7 and its server sibling, Windows
| Server 2008 R2, triggering an infinite loop.
| Or, as he puts in so well in the exploit's
| code: "'Most Secure Os Ever' --> Remote
| Kernel in 2 mn. #FAIL,#FAIL,#FAIL"
`----

http://www.itworld.com/security/84556/crashing-windows-7-server-2008-r2-smb

Recent:

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Windows 7 Edition

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/01/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-windows-7.html