[News] [Rival] Windows XP is Dying, Replaced by a Bloated OS, Leading to GNU/Linux Growth

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows XP is Dying, Replaced by a Bloated OS, Leading to GNU/Linux Growth
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 15:40:30 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Study Shows Linux at 30% of Netbook Market

,----[ Quote ]
| "High return rates, little market share": the
| scare tactic Microsoft used in the spring of
| 2009 to declare Linux dead in the water in the
| netbook market. But what might be true for the
| U.S. doesn't hold for the European and
| worldwide market as a whole.
|
| Not only did Dell repeatedly confirm that it
| found no higher a return rate than Windows for
| its 30% Ubuntu-installed netbooks, a new
| independent study by the ABI Research firm
| forecasts a 32% market share for Linux on
| netbooks for 2009.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/Study-Shows-Linux-at-30-of-Netbook-Market

XP Still Beats Windows 7 in Netbook Battery Life

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/XP-Windows-7-Battery-Life,9059.html

Microsoft Doubtful of Win XP's Netbook Future

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-windows-7-xp-netbook,9065.html

Priceless!

Recent:

Researcher: Chrome to boost Atom to ARM switch in netbooks

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=218500011