[News] Many New Releases of GNU/Linux: PelicanHPC, ZevenOS, Vector 6.0, Ultimate Edition

  • Subject: [News] Many New Releases of GNU/Linux: PelicanHPC, ZevenOS, Vector 6.0, Ultimate Edition
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 23:51:17 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

PelicanHPC GNU Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| 13 Nov 2009. version 1.9.3 is available
| here (thanks LinuxTracker). This fixes a
| security vulnerability, for more
| information, see
| http://wiki.debian.org/mmap_min_addr. Also
| has some new examples. Probably has a major
| showstopper bug, this is Friday the 13th,
| afterall.
`----

http://pareto.uab.es/mcreel/PelicanHPC/

Vyatta Releases Vyatta Core 6 Alpha

,----[ Quote ]
| Preview of Next Vyatta Version Adds Support
| for 802.11 Wireless and Netflow
`----

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Vyatta-1075365.html

ZevenOS 2.0 is ready

,----[ Quote ]
| We are proud to announce the release of
| ZevenOS 2.0
|
| ZevenOS 2.0 is based upon Ubuntu karmic
| koala (9.10). It brings big changes like a
| completely new audio subsystem (pulseaudio)
| and the switch from HAL to Device-Kit,
| Magi-Kit a standard application management
| layer,  Remaster-Kit for easy iso
| remastering, Encode & SUPER Encode an all
| in all multimedia converting app, MAGI 2 an
| application launcher/installer and
| configuration center. The typical BeOS like
| look has been improved with changes to the
| Deskbar , Icon Theme and GTK-Theme. Disk-
| Manager now supports auto-detection of
| BFS(BeOS) partitions and allows to mount
| them. People the contact manager got an
| improved VCard filter. ZevenOS 2.0 has lots
| of other improvements and still is the best
| linux distribution with  Beos touch.
`----

http://www.zevenos.com/allgemein/zevenos-2-0-is-ready.html

Vector 6.0 (KDE-Classic)

http://www.vectorlinux.com/

Ultimate Edition 2.4 has been been released

http://ultimateedition.info/ultimate_edition/ultimate-edition-2-4-has-been-been-released/

Recent:

Linux and plethorization

,----[ Quote ]
| For the many years I've been writing about Linux, it has always
| amazed me that no distro ever wins, in the sense that it
| vanquishes many opponents in the marketplace. Instead success
| breeds other successes through forks, variants and derivations
| by other labels.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/linux-and-plethorization

Distribution Variation

,----[ Quote ]
| I could use one variant that let
| me choose my desktop environment and applications during
| install time. The installer could use either a network
| repository, or on disc repository depending on the ISO file.
`----

http://elevenislouder.blogspot.com/2009/09/distribution-variation.html

Torvalds rejects one-size-fits-all Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/246534/torvalds-rejects-onesizefitsall-linux.html