[News] XtreemOS 2.0 (GNU/Linux) is Released

XtreemOS 2.0 is now available!

,----[ Quote ]
| The XtreemOS project has released the
| second public release of its Linux-based
| Grid operating system under the motto
| "Making Grid Computing Easier". The
| consortium has conceived and integrated a
| platform of open source technologies to
| enable easier usage, management, scalabilty
| and programming on top of Grid computing
| resources.
|
| XtreemOS brings new capabilties to Grids,
| such as easing job submission and
| monitoring, while providing a comprehensive
| security implementation and virtual
| organization management. XtreemOS comes in
| three flavors: The PC flavor makes it
| possible to aggregate standalone PCs as
| computation resources into XtreemOS Grids.
| The XtreemOS cluster flavor is based on
| Kerrighed's LinuxSSI (single system image)
| technology. LinuxSSI is a Linux cluster
| providing users an image of a single large
| system. The third flavor, XtreemOS Mobile
| has been tailored to run XtreemOS services
| on mobile devices, such as Nokia Internet
| Tablets.
`----

http://www.xtreemos.eu/hotspot_news/xtreemos-2-0-is-now-available

10 Special Linux Distributions That You Should Know

,----[ Quote ]
| At my last, best count, there were over 550
| individual Linux distributions. From the most
| generic, flat installs of the most common
| distros to ultra-specialized, multimedia-
| oriented to the eye-popping, fancy ones--
| they're all there for the taking.
`----

http://www.daniweb.com/news/story239006.html

Recent:

XtreemOS, a Linux-based Operating System to support Virtual Organizations for
next generation Grids

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/-xtreemos-linux-based-operating-system-support-virtual-organizations-/2007/11/30/3132605.htm