Re: Top 500 supers - rise of the Linux quad-cores

____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Wednesday 18 Nov 2009 12:29 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz pulled this Usenet boner:
>
>> ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Tuesday 17 Nov 2009 17:20 : \____
>>
>>> And even Microsoft failover doesn't behave as advertised.  The notification
>>> for a resource recovery would come in and... you still had to wait a few
>>> seconds before you could actually access the resource.
>>
>> 3 letters: L S E.
>
> Now that *was* a cluster... of the fsck sort.

Furse should not resign, she should be sacked

,----[ Quote ]
| Comment The farce of the London Stock Exchange not only crashing but failing
| to get its systems up and running again should surprise no one.
|
| Well, no one except LSE boss Clara Furse, who demonstrates little
| understanding that technology is crucial to her business.
|
| Iâve worked for members of the London Stock Exchange and everyone agrees she
| is world-class at corporate presentations, but the evidence that she can
| actually run things is rather harder to come by.
|
| No one expects her to write FIX handlers, or optimise an order-matching
| engine, but her yes-men simply were not in the position to make any
| intelligent decisions on technology, if we look at the board of the LSE.
|
| Do we see anything that even looks like experience in technology? No. We see
| three from the media, and of course accountancy, but no mention of
| technology.
|
| To be sure, the CIO (not on the board) is ex-Accenture man David Lester. To a
| Reg reader, Accenture will be associated in the context of technology with
| the words âscrew upâ, âlateâ, and âover budgetâ. Clara Furse cannot be held
| responsible for problems with Cisco switches - one of the suggested
| culprits - but she is absolutely in the frame for the choice of senior
| management and strategic vendors.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/13/furse_lse_comment/

London Stock Exchange in talks to buy Turquoise Trading technology

,----[ Quote ]
| Last month, the LSE announced it will acquire Sri Lankan
| trading firm Millennium IT for Â18 million, replacing its
| Accenture built, Microsoft .Net-based TradElect platform.
| The new platform is understood to be based on Linux.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/management/it-business/it-organisation/news/index.cfm?newsid=16883

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

everytime you say things like this i just think of that cult of people
who send around .doc files. i dont want to communicate with people who
talk in .doc format, but they do not wish to use something else, so
they discredit those without word. --Ed, c.o.l.a.
Swap:  4088500k total,   417880k used,  3670620k free,   264040k cached