[News] Programming/Developing with Gerrit, Ruby IDE Upgraded

  • Subject: [News] Programming/Developing with Gerrit, Ruby IDE Upgraded
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 02:02:30 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Gerrit: Google-style code review meets git

,----[ Quote ]
| Gerrit, a Git-based system for managing
| code review, is helping to spread the
| popular distributed revision control
| system into Android-using companies, many
| of which have heavy quality assurance,
| management, and legal processes around
| software. HTC, Qualcomm, TI, Sony
| Ericsson, and Android originator Google
| are all running Gerrit, project leader
| Shawn Pearce said in a talk at the October
| 2009 GitTogether event, hosted at Google
| in Mountain View.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/359489/

JetBrains upgrades Ruby IDE

,----[ Quote ]
| RubyMine 2.0 features improvements in
| refactoring and code analysis, as well as
| a set of tools for code changes in
| software projects
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2009/111709-jetbrains-upgrades-ruby.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Where open source was, and where it is now

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the years of my observation, coverage
| and participation in open source software,
| SourceForge (both the code repository site
| SourceForge.net and the corporation) has
| typically served as one key barometer of
| where things stood. However, this began to
| change a couple of years ago, when I wrote
| about how the resources for finding,
| understanding, assessing open source
| software were growing. Today, we see that
| the bulk of open source software â both
| code and communities â have nothing close
| to a single home or destination. Today we
| see that the SourceForge destination has
| given way to Google Code, GitHub, Eclipse,
| Codeplex, Wazi, individual forges for
| projects and vendors and other places
| where open source software and its
| communities conduct their business.
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2009/11/17/where-open-source-was-and-where-it-is-now/

Recent:

Engine Yard Releases Source Code to its Rails Development Directory

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/engine-yard-releases-source-code-to-its-rails-development-directory