[News] Call for a Blacklist of GNU/Linux-hostile Companies

  • Subject: [News] Call for a Blacklist of GNU/Linux-hostile Companies
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 02:22:35 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Time to compile the naughty list: Who isn't playing nice with Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Here are just a few of the miscreants
| mentioned, who either clearly stated they
| donât support Linux or any browser other
| than Internet Explorer; whose services can
| be used, but not necessarily initiated by
| any other than a Windows system; or who are
| just generally difficult to get along with:
|
|     * Citibank
|     * AT&T
|     * Illinois government sites
|     * Verizon DSL
|     * EarthLink DSL
|     * Juno/NetZero
|     * Juniper Networks
|     * UPS CampusShip
|     * Department of Defense systems (U.S.)
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=1068

Intel Divulges Information on TRIM for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Since that post, I got in contact with
| Intel who clarified a few of the points
| surrounding the issue of using TRIM under
| Linux. Sure, this is a topic that bores
| most people, but as a full-time user of the
| OS, I care about it quite a bit, and I'm
| sure a lot of others out there are in a
| similar situation as me. And as frustrating
| as I've found tracking down the information
| to be, I'm hoping this investigative
| sleuthing will affect a lot more than just
| me.
`----

http://techgage.com/news/intel_divulges_information_on_trim_for_linux/

Recent:

China bans YouTube again

,----[ Quote ]
| The Chinese government has again blocked access to YouTube just over a year
| after it shut off access to the site for hosting footage of the Tibet
| protests.
|
| China's firewall allows sporadic access to services like YouTube, but access
| was shut off on Monday. A Foreign Ministry spokesman said the Chinese
| government was not afraid of the internet - China has more people online than
| any other nation.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/24/tibet_china_youtube_ban/

Facebook encourages ISP customer protests over Phorm

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/24/facebook_dpi/