[News] Google's Linux Distribution Receives Good Response

  • Subject: [News] Google's Linux Distribution Receives Good Response
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 02:24:48 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google Chrome operating system's first appearance scheduled

,----[ Quote ]
| While Google is remaining mum about all the
| details, I've learned that they will be
| demonstrating the new Linux-based Chrome
| desktop operating system on Thursday,
| November 19th.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/15118/google_chrome_operating_systems_first_appearance_scheduled

Google open sources flash-happy Chrome OS

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, via webcast from its Mountain View
| headquarters, Google VP of product
| management Sundar Pichai and Engineering
| Director Matthew Papakipos unveiled an
| early version of Chrome OS, the much-
| discussed browser-based operating system
| the company first announced this past
| summer. This initial build has been open-
| sourced as the Chromium OS, with Pichai
| saying that outside developers will be able
| to work hand-in-hand with internal Google
| coders on the same code tree.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/19/google_chrome_os_unveiled/

Releasing the Chromium OS open source project

,----[ Quote ]
| Today we are open-sourcing the project as
| Chromium OS. We are doing this early, a
| year before Google Chrome OS will be ready
| for users, because we are eager to engage
| with partners, the open source community
| and developers. As with the Google Chrome
| browser, development will be done in the
| open from this point on. This means the
| code is free, accessible to anyone and open
| for contributions. The Chromium OS project
| includes our current code base, user
| interface experiments and some initial
| designs for ongoing development. This is
| the initial sketch and we will color it in
| over the course of the next year.
`----

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/11/releasing-chromium-os-open-source.html

Google Chrome OS Source Code Now Available For Download

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2009/111909-google-chrome-os-source-code.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

5 Expectations for Google's Chrome OS Event

,----[ Quote ]
| Google will finally take the wrapper off
| its highly-anticipated Chrome operating
| system during a presentation at Google HQ
| on Thursday. The event will include a
| complete overview of the product featuring
| a Chrome OS demonstration and Q&A session.
| Sundar Pichai, Google's vice president of
| product management and Matthew Papakipos,
| Google engineering director for Google
| Chrome OS, will speak at the event,
| according to TechCrunch.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/182475/5_expectations_for_googles_chrome_os_event.html

Google Chrome OS: What to look for this week

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2009/11/google-chrome-os-what-to-look.html

Real Chrome OS developer preview screenshot

http://totalinux.org/2009/11/real-chrome-os-developer-preview-screenshot/

Chromium OS

http://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/chromium-os

OMG! CHROMEOS LIVE BLOG!

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2009/11/omg-chromeos-live-blog.html

Google Chrome First Official Screenshots

http://gizmodo.com/5408514/

Chrome OS: Some Early Preview Videos

,----[ Quote ]
| While the software does not currently
| appear to be in an easily installable
| state, requiring developers to build their
| own Chrome OS environments for the time
| being, the OS does look quite promising and
| Googleâs âStatelessâ objective where all
| user data resides in the cloud reflects an
| extremely modern concept in OS design.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/perlow/?p=11600

7 Google Chrome Extensions You Must Have

,----[ Quote ]
| Google Chrome Extensions are here and
| really doing great. If you are thinking
| about what is Google Chrome extension and
| how to install then (eligibility), then
| read our coverage on Google Chrome
| Extension launch. There are loads of
| extensions released by different parties
| but here we are going to take 7 extensions
| which you should install on your google
| chrome to make your life much easier.
`----

http://www.clickonf5.org/google/google-chrome-extensions-must-have/5789

Recent:

ChromeOS with Ubuntu Karmic base? â Leaked Sources.List

http://totalinux.org/2009/11/chromeos-ubuntu-karmic-base-leaked-sources-lis/