[News] Zenoss Has New Release, OpenShot Introduced

  • Subject: [News] Zenoss Has New Release, OpenShot Introduced
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 03:21:48 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Zenoss Enterprise 2.5 Released, Now Features Amazon EC2 Monitoring

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source network monitoring software
| vendor Zenoss announced the release of
| Zenoss Enterprise 2.5, the company's
| commercial version of its flagship product.
| It sports several new features, most
| notably Amazon EC2 monitoring that provide
| users with dynamic snapshots of performance
| and the ability to drill down on
| performance issues with "inside the
| instance" monitoring.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/zenoss-enterprise-2-5-released-now-features-amazon-ec2-monitoring

Introducing OpenShot

,----[ Quote ]
| At release 0.9.52 the program is very
| stable and I experienced no crashes during
| my tests. In my opinion OpenShot is well on
| its way to becoming an attractive and
| powerful editor. Presently it lacks some
| features I like in other NLEs, but I
| suspect its developers will add those and
| other features in due time. Like many
| similar projects OpenShot is in need of
| external assistance, so if you'd like to
| help produce a high-quality GTK-based NLE
| for video you might consider hopping on to
| the OpenShot train. Coders are welcome, but
| other aspects of the program need love too.
| Check with the devs to see how your talents
| can be employed by the project.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/introducing-openshot

Recent:

OpenShot Video Editor Gets New Icons & Preference Window

,----[ Quote ]
| The best video editor for Linux 'OpenShot' has
| finally gotten itself some new icons! Yes it is
| a slow news day...
|
| These new 'tango' style icons bring a much
| needed visual refresh to the (at times)
| slightly odd looking default set of "glassy"
| icons.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2009/10/openshot-video-editor-gets-new-icons.html

Openshot : The magic has arrived