[News] Company's Death Shows the Danger of Proprietary Software/Data

  • Subject: [News] Company's Death Shows the Danger of Proprietary Software/Data
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 03:17:14 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Gene testing firm goes titsup

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/18/gene_test/

Guest post by Daniel Vorhaus and Lawrence Moore: what happens when a personal genomics company goes bankrupt?

,----[ Quote ]
| 4. So What Does It All Mean? If the
| company's policy clearly permits the sale
| of genomic information in the kind of
| transaction that could be consummated in a
| bankruptcy case, then such a sale can go
| forward. But if the policy prohibits such a
| sale, or if the policy is unclear or does
| not address the subject at all, a transfer
| may still take place--subject to the ins
| and outs of bankruptcy law, including
| provisions specifically applicable to
| personal information. We'll turn to that in
| the second part of this series.
`----

http://scienceblogs.com/geneticfuture/2009/09/guest_post_daniel_vorhaus_and.php

Recent:

Is True Amazon Kindle Killer Not A Device, But A Format?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.crn.com/retail/219100651;jsessionid=CC0V1JMVW4NV3QE1GHPCKHWATMY32JVN