[News] Android/Linux Has More Phones Coming, Sony Backing

  • Subject: [News] Android/Linux Has More Phones Coming, Sony Backing
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 22:15:48 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Hero's Tattoo: HTC releases two new Android phones

,----[ Quote ]
| Mobile device maker HTC has announced two
| new touchscreen smartphones â the Tattoo
| and the Hero â both of which run the Linux-
| based Android operating system.
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/326929/hero_tattoo_htc_releases_two_new_android_phones

fring available on Android handsets

,----[ Quote ]
| fring is now available to Android users,
| allowing them to make free VoIP calls.
`----

http://www.voip-news.co.uk/2009/11/18/fring-available-on-android-handsets/

Why Sony Ericsson is embracing Android

,----[ Quote ]
| For Sony Ericsson, Googleâs Android
| operating system holds much promise within
| the context of our multi-platform strategy.
|
| Our commitment to the Open Handset Alliance
| stems from a vision of the Google Android
| OS as an environment that enables
| developers to create rich user experiences
| with some of latest technologies available
| on the Internet. The Xperia X10 is the
| first of a family of products, some of
| which will use this technology.
`----

http://news.myjoyonline.com/technology/200911/38092.asp

Sony Ericsson launches Android, Symbian developer tools

http://www.telecoms.com/16423/sony-ericsson-launches-android-symbian-developer-tools

Recent:

HP spins ARM- and Atom-based thin clients

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/HP-t5745-and-HP-t5325/