[News] Free Software for Online Video Gets 38,000 Publishers

  • Subject: [News] Free Software for Online Video Gets 38,000 Publishers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 22:40:44 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Kaltura Grows a Longtail

,----[ Quote ]
| Kalturaâs platform has been integrated by more
| than 38,000 publishers to date, with hundreds
| joining every week. JW Player is used by over
| one million sites and streams billions of
| videos every month.
`----

http://www.reelseo.com/kaltura-grows-longtail/

WaveMaker 6.0 Makes SaaS Simple

,----[ Quote ]
| WaveMaker today announced general availability
| of the first open source cloud development
| platform. WaveMaker 6.0 is available under the
| Apache open source license, providing
| organizations with the features and benefits
| found in proprietary cloud development
| platforms - such as Force.com and Azure - at a
| fraction of the cost.
`----

http://www.prweb.com/releases/wavemaker/makes-saas-simple/prweb3224704.htm

Recent:

Opening my Eyes to Another Advantage of Openness

,----[ Quote ]
| It was chaired by Michal Tsur from Kaltura. It
| was a company I'd already come across, but it
| was a good opportunity to learn a little more:
|
| Kaltura's platform includes an easily
| customizable set of widgets that seamlessly
| integrate into video applications on web
| platforms of any kind. Publishers can deploy
| existing widgets and apps or take advantage of
| Kaltura's open architecture in order to develop
| new ones.
|
| Whether you need a basic online video platform
| or one with a robust set of advanced features â
| Kaltura has a solution for you. Our open
| framework provides everything you need to
| design, develop, and deploy rapid and cost-
| effective video applications on any site.
|
| Interestingly, Kaltura does not employ the
| currently-fashionable âopen coreâ approach of
| providing some of its code under a free software
| licence, and add-ons under proprietary ones.
|
| Instead, it's a pure dual-licensing set-up: the
| same code is available under free (GNU Affero
| GPL) and non-free licences, for all the usual
| reasons.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2589&blogid=14

Ron Yekutiel, Chairman and CEO of Kaltura

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tvweek.com/talking-tv/dealmakers/2008/12/ron_yekutiel_chairman_and_ceo.php