[News] New Gains for Free Software in Storage, Web, and Data Warehousing

  • Subject: [News] New Gains for Free Software in Storage, Web, and Data Warehousing
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 22:46:13 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Storage Vendors Cut Costs With Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Two data storage vendors are out with new
| products this week that they claim can save
| users a bundle over more traditional storage
| systems.
|
| Nexenta and ParaScale both use open source
| software and commodity hardware to lower
| storage costs for enterprises.
`----

http://www.enterprisestorageforum.com/sans/news/article.php/3849081

WISE project keen to partner with Qatar

,----[ Quote ]
| Curriki, the innovative award-winning
| project of the first World Innovation Summit for
| Education (WISE), is keen on partnering with
| Qatar. Dr Barbara Bobbi Kurshan, Executive
| Director of Curriki told The Peninsula
| yesterday that they were working on the
| possibility of implementing the project in
| the country.
`----

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Display_news.asp?section=Local_News&subsection=Qatar+News&month=November2009&file=Local_News2009111863850.xml

Infobright and Talend Launch Open Source Solutions for Enhanced Data Warehousing

,----[ Quote ]
| Infobright, a provider of open source data
| warehousing solutions, and Talend, a provider
| of open source data integration solutions,
| reportedly collaborated to introduce two
| integrated virtual machines to the market.
`----

http://asterisk.tmcnet.com/topics/open-source/articles/69314-infobright-talend-launch-open-source-solutions-enhanced-data.htm

Recent:

Progress on Open Database Alliance