[News] [Rival] Developers Discover That Apple Mistreats Them

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Developers Discover That Apple Mistreats Them
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 09:34:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

| explanation of why Apple's setup is bad
| for developers, bad for innovation, bad
| for consumers and bad for Apple.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091119/1830157014.shtml

Recent:

Apple fine-tunes app censorship

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple will extend parental controls to applications in its upcoming iPhone
| 3.0 software and iTunes 8.2, thus helping to calm some of the ongoing
| brouhaha over its erratic App Store censorship policies.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/06/age_ratings_for_iphone_apps/

Apple disappoints developers again

,----[ Quote ]
| THE GLORIOUS and faithful Apple religion which can do no wrong has been a bit
| too optimistic about when it was going to get the Iphone's background
| processing working.
|
| Apple had promised to deliver that capability by September and now it is
| October and there is no sign of Apple releasing this blessing to the
| faithful.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/10/03/apple-shafts-developers-again

Apple Cracks Down on Emoji Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple gave no reason for the removal--I know, you're reeling with shock over
| that--but as unlocking the emoji apparently required a loophole in the iPhone
| OS, it's not exactly a surprise. The upshot? If you're craving the ability to
| put icons of everything from rocket ships to frogs into your emails or text
| messages, then you should grab an emoji app while you can. Those that unlock
| the emoji before the update will retain the feature.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/160370/apple_cracks_down_on_emoji_apps.html?tk=rss_news

Podcaster rejeceted because it duplicates iTunes functionality

,----[ Quote ]
| Today I finally got a reply from Apple about the status of Podcaster.
|
| Apple Rep says: Since Podcaster assists in the distribution of podcasts, it
| duplicates the functionality of the Podcast section of iTunes.
|
| That's right folks, it duplicates the functionality of the desktop version of
| iTunes.
`----

http://almerica.blogspot.com/2008/09/podcaster-rejeceted-because-it.html

As App Store banning continues, iPhone developers protest

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.macworld.com/article/135541/2008/09/appstore_banning.html