[News] [Rival] Microsoft's "Police-Only" Trap Door Leaked Too Far

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's "Police-Only" Trap Door Leaked Too Far
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 02:14:07 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft invokes DMCA & shuts Cryptome downloads of COFEE

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ybenjamin/detail??blogid=150&entry_id=52161#ixzz0Xg16eGVe

Microsoft kills COFEE download

,----[ Quote ]
| According to SFGate, thousands of copies
| have already been downloaded, so
| Microsoft's COFEE software is pretty much
| public now.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1562991/microsoft-kills-cofee-download

Recent:

What Windows Autorun Has Wrought

,----[ Quote ]
| A new report by Microsoft shows that the two
| most prevalent threats to Windows PCs in the
| first half of 2009 were malicious programs
| that have been aided mightily in their spread
| by a decision by Microsoft to allow the
| contents of removable media -- such as USB
| thumb drives -- to load automatically when
| inserted into Windows machines.
|
| In its latest "Security Intelligence Report,"
| Microsoft counted the number of threats
| detected by its anti-malware desktop
| products, and found that the Conficker worm,
| along with a Trojan horse program called
| Taterf which steals passwords and license
| keys for popular computer games, were
| detected on 5.21 million and 4.91 million
| Windows computers, respectively.
`----

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2009/11/what_windows_autorun_hath_wrou.html?wprss=securityfix

Microsoft COFEE, Some of the Most Illegal Software You Can Pirate

,----[ Quote ]
| Apparently Microsoft's COFEE software that
| helps law enforcement grab data from password
| protected or encrypted sources is leaking all
| over the internet. So not only can you steal
| the software, but break the law by using it
| too.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/5399377/microsoft-cofee-some-of-the-most-illegal-software-you-can-pirate

Siren.gif: Microsoft COFEE law enforcement tool leaks all over the Internet~!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/11/06/siren-gif-microsoft-cofee-law-enforcement-tool-leaks-all-over-the-internet/