[News] [Rival] Apple Disappoints Customers, Not Just Developers Now

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Apple Disappoints Customers, Not Just Developers Now
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 02:12:49 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Apple voids warranties over cigarette smoke, users say

,----[ Quote ]
| A Mac user claims that Apple voided her
| warranty and refused to repair her machine
| because it was "contaminated" with
| cigarette smoke.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/22/apple_allegedly_voids_smokers_warranties/

iPhone worm hjacks ING customers

,----[ Quote ]
| The second worm to infect jailbroken iPhone
| users reportedly targets customers of Dutch
| online bank ING Direct.
|
| Surfers visiting the site with infected
| devices are redirected to a phishing site
| designed to harvest online banking login
| details, the BBC reports. ING Direct told
| the BBC it planned to warn users' of the
| attack via its website, as well as briefing
| front line call centre staff on the threat.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/23/iphone_cybercrime_worm/

Days ago:

iPhone App Developer Backlash Growing