[News] Free/Libre Software and Free (Gratis) Content Not the Same

  • Subject: [News] Free/Libre Software and Free (Gratis) Content Not the Same
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 15:43:10 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Free labour

,----[ Quote ]
| Jason Walsh is in favour of free software,
| so why does he have a problem with the
| worlds of open source and free content?
`----

http://forth.ie/index.php/content/article/free_labour/20091123/

Roundcube Presented as Free Software for Mail...

Roundcube: the worldâs coolest Open Source webmail project?

,----[ Quote ]
| At Sirius we have recently started using and
| deploying Roundcube in favour of the tried and
| tested (but very old) Squirrelmail. Impressed
| by itâs beautiful front-end, ease of use and
| obvious extensibility, Tom Callway spoke to
| Till Klampaeckel and Thomas Bruederli, two of
| Roundcubeâs core developers, to find out more
| about this exciting project.
`----

http://www.siriusit.co.uk/labs/2009/roundcube-the-worlds-coolest-open-source-webmail-project/

Recent:

Free, you say?

,----[ Quote ]
| I know that there's nothing to stop people charging
| for Free Software. It says as much in the Selling Free
| Software article on the GNU web site: âActually we
| encourage people who redistribute free software to
| charge as much as they wish or can.â.
|
| Apparently there is no requirements about how much can
| be charged for Free Software, except âThe one
| exception is in the case where binaries are
| distributed without the corresponding complete source
| code.â.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10014215o-2000332346b,00.htm

GNU Four Freedoms Translation Attempt One

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.thelinuxlink.net/myblog/?p=290