[News] NVIDIA Brings Beta Drivers for Linux and BSD

  • Subject: [News] NVIDIA Brings Beta Drivers for Linux and BSD
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:13:54 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

NVIDIA Pushes Out 195.22 Beta Linux Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| Further enriching VDPAU continues to be a
| core focus of NVIDIA's developers and with
| the 195.22 release there are enhancements
| to the VDPAU blit-based presentation
| queue, updated VDPAU to improve thread
| concurrency (this could help the
| GStreamer-Cairo developers, modified the
| install location of the VDPAU libraries
| (see the recent libvdpau release), a
| define for VDPAU_INTERFACE_VERSION, and a
| fix for a periodic temporary hang in the
| VDPAU blit-based presentation queue. The
| main new feature for VDPAU though with the
| 195.xx series is that the Video Decode and
| presentation API for Unix now allows
| multiple streams to be decoded at once.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzczOQ

NVIDIA 64-bit FreeBSD Beta Driver By Year's End

,----[ Quote ]
| With the FreeBSD 8.0 release now
| available, we reached out to NVIDIA to
| find out the status of their 64-bit BSD
| display driver, now that this operating
| system carries the necessary mmap
| extension support in their 64-bit kernel
| for their proprietary graphics driver to
| function. Andy Ritger, who heads the user-
| space side of NVIDIA's UNIX Graphics
| Driver team and was previously interviewed
| by Phoronix, provided a brief update.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzczNw

Recent:

NVIDIA Uses Cartoons to Harass Intel

,----[ Quote ]
| The site is especially critical of CEO Paul
| Otellini.  A recent post features a cartoon
| with a cross-eyed Otellini denying using
| "bribery, coercion and kickback relations" to
| try to corner the market.  The site has a
| rather humorous disclaimer informing readers
| that it "is not provided, sponsored or endorsed
| by Intel Corporation."
`----

http://www.dailytech.com/NVIDIA+Uses+Cartoons+to+Harass+Intel/article16733.htm

Nvidia 190.42 Linux Display Driver Has Support for OpenGL 3.2

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nvidia-190-42-Linux-Display-Driver-Has-Support-for-OpenGL-3-2-125389.shtml