[News] New Book About Inkscape, New Release of Inkscape

  • Subject: [News] New Book About Inkscape, New Release of Inkscape
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:15:52 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Book Review: The book of Inkscape: The definitive guide to the free
graphic editor by Dmitry Kirsanov

,----[ Quote ]
| Inkscape is a mature SVG vector graphics
| editor. You can run it on a number of
| platforms including GNU/Linux and Windows. It
| has a rich set of features and is popular and
| actively maintained. The Book of Inkscape:
| the definitive guide to the free graphics
| editor, by Dmitry Kirsanov is a comprehensive
| guide of 476 pages that describes in detail
| the various parts of the software. The book
| also includes six chapter-size tutorials that
| emphasis the manipulative power of this
| feature rich editor.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/book_review_book_of_inkscape_definitive_guide_free_graphic_editor_dmitry_kirsanov

Inkscape 0.47 Released With a Batch of Cool

,----[ Quote ]
| After a long wait, the community around
| Inkscape, an open source vector graphics
| editor, are excited about a great new release
| with loads of improvements and tweaks. Some
| of the biggies include timed autosave to keep
| you from losing your work, a spell checker
| for text objects, and a huge batch of preset
| filters.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/inkscape-0-47-released-with-a-batch-of-cool-improvements

Recent:

4 Resources for the Powerful Inkscape Open Source Drawing Tool

,----[ Quote ]
| Among advanced open source graphics tools, GIMP has a lot of fans, and there
| are many free online resources available for it, but if you're looking for a
| drawing and illustration tool that can compete with Adobe Illustrator and is
| especially good for logos and splashy still graphics, give Inkscape a try.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/4-resources-for-the-powerful-inkscape-open-source-drawing-tool

Inkscape: one essential vector graphics application

,----[ Quote ]
| Inkscape is my vector graphics application of choice. It can do a wide
| variety of vector drawing tasks with relatively little effort. It uses the
| now-standard SVG vector format as its native format, and it has become very
| extensible through a simple âstream-basedâ, language-agnostic scripting
| system. On modern systems, it is reasonably responsive (though not the
| fastest), and the interface layout is well-balanced and fairly intuitive.
|
| Since I use Inkscape every day and itâs clearly my favorite vector graphics
| tool, thereâs really no way my review of it can be unbiased. So I wonât
| pretend to be. Instead, Iâll just try to be as complete as I can about the
| more unique features of the program.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/books/vector_graphics_applications/inkscape

Linux Fund Supports Inkscape

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Fund has partnered with Inkscape developer Milosz Derezynski to improve
| the text dialog of this open source vector graphics editor. This work will
| improve Inkscape's usability by enhancing its text tool to provide numeric
| control over kerning and other essential text attributes.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/application/17416/linux-fund-supports-inkscape

Manipulate Vector Images with Open Source Inkscape

,----[ Quote ]
| All platforms: Inkscape is an open source vector editing program. If you are
| looking for a free alternative to the Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape has a host
| of features that make it worth taking for a spin.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5115354/manipulate-vector-images-with-open-source-inkscape

Related:

Inkscape Drawing Program Brings Joy to Many

,----[ Quote ]
| Inkscape is a free vector drawing program that brings joy and robust drawing
| tools to millions of people who could never afford Adobe Illustrator. You can
| use Inkscape for fun or for thousands of different practical purposes
| including designing your own business card, CD cover, advertising layout, and
| countless other tasks.
`----

http://blogs.pcworld.com/communityvoices/archives/2007/08/inkscape_drawin.html

Inkscape Tutorial - The Sun