[News] [Rival] Microsoft OOXML Not Over in Showing Corruption

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft OOXML Not Over in Showing Corruption
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:02:58 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Politicians, lobbyists and scapegoats: When choosing not to choose
should make you vote the next time

,----[ Quote ]
| This is how we come to the present RGI. The
| document by itself has been totally
| rewritten, choosing to leave aside the
| policy aspect in favor of an exhaustive
| referencing and classifying of existing
| technology and standards.  This document
| itself integrates well with the upper
| echelons of European interoperability
| framework and does not attempt to dictate
| what the public sector stakeholders should
| do. On the crucial question of the office
| file formats, it is obvious that the authors
| spent some time carefully choosing their
| words. While the use of xml-based file
| format is clearly recommended, ODF is being
| put under observation (the reason for this
| is unclear) and so is OOXML, but at least we
| know the reason for this: OOXML has no known
| implementation (and wonât have any until a
| long time, they might have added) and
| therefore cannot be used.
`----

http://standardsandfreedom.net/index.php/2009/11/19/politicians-lobbyists-and-scapegoats-when-choosing-not-to-choose-should-make-you-vote-the-next-time/

Rumours of Microsoft becoming more frequentable seem greatly overrated

,----[ Quote ]
| * If that werenât enough, Jomar Silva from
| the ODF Alliance Brazil has posted its
| latest revelations about the infamous Ballot
| Resolution Meeting (BRM) on OOXML in Geneva
| and how Alex Brown, its dubious convener,
| did everything to stop some delegations
| asking some interesting questions. It is
| amazing to see how international processes
| can be bent towards one and the same goal.
`----

http://standardsandfreedom.net/index.php/2009/11/09/rumours-of-microsoft-becoming-more-frequentable-seem-greatly-overrated/

Recent:

RGI : FranÃois Fillon's gift to Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The decree validating the General
| Interoperability Framework was published in
| the French "Journal Officiel" on the 11th of
| November 2009. It ratifies the 12th of May
| 2009 version which spreads confusion by
| recommending two rival standards for office
| documents. April had already denounced a
| writing opposed to the goals of
| interoperability and accessibility of e-
| administration for all citizens.
|
| "RGI as it is written maintains the
| confusion about office documents standards.
| It hands public administrations over to
| Microsoft's deceptions and dooms their data
| to be kept locked in proprietary formats"
| explained public affairs manager Alix
| Cazenave. "Far from promoting
| interoperability this duplicity will
| generate discrimination between citizens for
| the access to electronic administrations."
|
| In April's opinion, this record confirms
| that the French executive authority hardly
| pays attention to competition in the
| software market. "After the intervention of
| the President's people in favor of
| Microsoft's OOXML standardization, the fact
| that the Prime Minister ratifies this order
| confirms the support of the French executive
| authority to Microsoft's dominant position.
| We have just missed a historical opportunity
| to support openness and innovation in the
| software market" denounced FrÃdÃric Couchet,
| executive director.
`----

http://www.april.org/en/rgi-francois-fillons-gift-microsoft

Abaixo assinado de alunos pede a inclusÃo do ODF no TCC e na publicaÃÃo de periÃdicos

http://tuxcuiabano.wordpress.com/2009/11/18/abaixo-assinado-de-alunos-pede-a-inclusao-do-odf-no-tcc-e-na-publicacao-de-periodicos/

EU: European ede-a-inclusao-do-odf-no-tcc-

http://www.epractice.eu/en/news/299020