Re: LSE's DotNOT system implodes again

____/ High Plains Thumper on Friday 27 Nov 2009 18:04 : \____

> Non scrivetemi wrote:
>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/26/lse_crash_again/
>>
>> The London Stock Exchange's 'unsinkable' TradElect system, built
>> using Microsoft's .NET technology imploded again today because M$'s
>> stuff simply isn't suitable for critical infrastructure. The system
>> 'simply gave up' one anonymous programmer claimed. After several
>> reboots and a CHKDSK /F on all drives the system came to life again.
>>
>> Anyway, the system is due to be replaced by Linux shortly, and all of
>> this can be pushed away as a bad dream.
>
> Interesting point masked man, thanks for pointing it out.  Once under
> Linux, system reliability will be restored to the chagrin of the M$
> trolls here.
>
> I found these following statements of interest:
>
> [quote]
> The TradElect platform on which trading depends has a flakey history
> despite a .NET upgrade overseen by Accenture. Microsoft and Cisco were
> blamed for the last failure, but the Exchange chose not to reveal what
> the problems were.
>
> From 9.33 this morning customers had problems connecting to two Trading
> Gateways, problems which lasted an hour.
>
> By 10.35 the Exchange gave up and put all orders in to an auction call
> period - buy orders are matched to sellers, but the deal does not
> actually go through until the period ends. LSE has yet to announce when
> this "uncrossing time" will be.
> [/quote]
>
> Since the trolls won't be able to counter, all they will do is flame the
> advocates, which they have been doing all along.  This is why they
> resort to false accusations, ad hominems and even libel to drown out
> advocacy.

Has Microsoft found another flag carrier to replace LSE in anti-Linux ads?

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

The weaknesses and the strengths of computer networking derive from the same
feature: it is easy to send messages to anyone who has access to the network.
- -- Donald A. Norman, The Trouble with Networks (Datamation 1/1982)
roy      pts/0        :0               Tue Nov 17 02:37   still logged in