[News] Raves About Linux-powered Nokia N900

And Now for Something Completely Different â The N900 and its Killer Feature

,----[ Quote ]
| As you may have noticed, what I think makes
| the N900 a real standout are features that
| are important for developers! And
| developers are exactly the kind of user the
| N900 is mostly trying to reach. Nokia has
| been on record stating that the N900 is not
| what they consider a consumer ready device.
| They consider it the last step before the
| true consumer ready Maemo device arrives.
| That is why it is so important for them to
| appeal to developers. The N900 will provide
| the fertile ground where developers will be
| able to create the applications that will
| in the future make Maemo the best option
| for the regular user.
`----

http://www.themaemo.com/and-now-for-something-completely-different-the-n900-and-its-killer-feature/

Stat Clash: Nokia N900 Vs HTC Touch Pro 2

,----[ Quote ]
| At a glance, the Maemo 5 powered Nokia N900
| and the HTC Touch Pro 2 might seem like
| quite similar devices â theyâre both good
| looking, stylish, and have enough in built
| features to make even the most hard-to-
| please tech geeks lust after them. However,
| there is certainly differences, and not
| surprisingly, the N900 comes out on top.
| Read on after the jump to find out moreâ
`----

http://noknok.tv/2009/11/27/stat-clash-nokia-n900-vs-htc-touch-pro-2/

Should Nokia Abandon Symbian S60 for Maemo Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| There was reason for my initial optimism:
| the OS has power to spare; it is basically
| a desktop Linux system in a tiny package.
| Maemo can handle multiple live apps
| minimized to little cards (similar to
| Palmâs webOS); the browser is unadulterated
| Mozilla code and includes support for a
| full implementation of Flash 9. The N900
| has a high resolution 800Ã480 screen, TI
| OMAP3 (Cortex A8) processor, 32 GB flash
| storage plus an empty microSD card slot,
| forward facing VGA camera, and 5 MP camera
| on the rear with dual LED flashes and Carl
| Zeiss branding. There is a sliding physical
| QWERTY keyboard, and, for watching media, a
| pull out kickstand. The N900 has WiFi,
| quadband GSM and Triband HSPA
| 900/1700/2100, making it perfect for T-
| Mobileâs 3G network in the U.S.
`----

http://www.slashgear.com/should-nokia-abandon-symbian-s60-for-maemo-linux-2764584/

Recent:

  âAnd the survey says: Nokia N900 is a developers dream!

,----[ Quote ]
| Because the Nokia N900 is based on a Linux OS
| it is completely open-source, which means
| apps no longer have to be based solely on the
| Symbian platform. In this sense, the N900
| opens up Nokia to a whole new cattle of
| developers, which means a load of new,
| innovative, and useful applications, widgets
| and features for the N900. But donât just
| take our word for itâ
`----

http://noknok.tv/2009/11/25/and-the-survey-says-nokia-n900-is-a-developers-dream/

15 Ways Nokiaâs N900 Is Better Than Appleâs iPhone (and 5 ways itâs not)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.starryhope.com/nokia-n900/2009/15-ways-nokias-n900-is-better-than-apples-iphone-and-5-ways-its-not/