[News] [Rival] Microsoft Turns to Raiding for Profit, Attacks Distributors of Windows

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Turns to Raiding for Profit, Attacks Distributors of Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 14:10:39 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

"It's easier for our software to compete with Linux when there's piracy
than when there's not."

                   --Bill Gates

Microsoft continues anti-piracy efforts in the UAE

http://gulfnews.com/business/general/microsoft-continues-anti-piracy-efforts-in-the-uae-1.530901

Microsoft steps up UAE anti-piracy raids

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/574227-microsoft-steps-up-uae-anti-piracy-raids

MS raids Lucknow partners for piracy

,----[ Quote ]
| LUCKNOW, INDIA: For software developers and
| resellers, the fight against piracy seems
| to be an unending one. The recent launch of
| Microsoft Windows 7 was shrouded with the
| news of its availability as pirated copies.
|
| In order to check the open and blatant
| piracy of Microsoft products, the vendor
| recently launched a scheme called Seven 7s
| to encourage resellers to sell the original
| products. But even as the scheme was
| announced, Microsoft also filed a complaint
| about the rampant software piracy in a
| notorious market in Lucknow.
`----

http://www.ciol.com/Developer/Operating-System/News-Reports/MS-raids-Lucknow-partners-for-piracy/231109128008/0/

Recent:

Microsoft says piracy threatens growth

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, one of the worldâs largest software
| providers has launched a new operating system
| (Windows 7), saying Nigeria is one of the
| major countries of the world where the level
| of piracy is a threat to the Information
| Communication Technology (ICT) sector.
`----

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Money/Business/5473986-147/story.csp

Abu Dhabi's ICT arm inks deal with Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The Abu Dhabi Systems and Information Centre,
| the ICT arm of the Abu Dhabi government, has
| signed a master business and services
| agreement agreement with Microsoft Gulf to
| enable the emirate's local government
| affiliates to purchase Microsoft licenses and
| engage Microsoft Consultancy Services.
`----

http://www.ameinfo.com/214020.html

Abu Dhabi Systems and Information Centre signs master business and
services agreement and MoU with Microsoft Gulf

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ameinfo.com/213834.html