[News] More GNU/Linux Literature Coming Out

FREE online edition of Linux+ magazine

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux+ is going to release FREE online editon
| of their magazine. There will be 6 monthly
| issues with 60 pages each available for free
| download. They are looking for your support!
`----

http://www.altfire.com/main/news/index.php?news_id=403

Must have Linux books for Christmas

,----[ Quote ]
| The gift giving season is right around the
| corner and if you have any geeky relatives or
| friends, then this list of Linux books to buy
| for Christmas is a good reference.
`----

http://www.foogazi.com/2009/11/28/must-have-linux-books-for-christmas/

Recent:

Linux New Media Launches Ubuntu User Magazine

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux New Media USA, LLC, announces the launch of a new print publication,
| Ubuntu User magazine.
|
| Canonical's popular Ubuntu operating system continues to win followers around
| the world, and Ubuntu User is the first print magazine specifically for this
| rapidly growing audience. "Ubuntu is popular with software developers and IT
| professionals, but it is also a hit with hobbyists and other desktop users
| who are looking for an alternative to Microsoft Windows and don't want the
| restrictive hardware policies of Apple," says Joe Casad, Editor in Chief of
| Ubuntu User.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/online/news/linux_new_media_launches_ubuntu_user_magazine

PCLinuxOS Magazine, Special issue

,----[ Quote ]
| PCLinuxOS Magazine, Special issue (Issue 29) is available to download. You
| can find it at the PCLinuxOS Magazine website. If you'd like to be informed
| immediately about our releases, please signup for the Magazine-Announce
| mailing list .
`----

http://www.pclosmag.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=28

Full Circle Magazine: Issue 25

,----[ Quote ]
| This month, weâve got some good stuff for you. Coming your way is all the
| usual, including:
|
| * Command and Conquer - Shell History.
| * How To: Test Drive VirtualBox, Increase Game Speed In X, and Inkscape -
| Part 2.
`----

http://fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-25/

Microsoft layoff details emerge

,----[ Quote ]
| More details are emerging today about the Microsoft groups affected, and
| spared, in the company's latest round of job cuts. The company isn't going
| into detail, but blogs and forums are providing plenty of evidence. Layoffs
| are reported to have taken place in groups including MSN Direct, the Massive
| in-game advertising unit, and MSDN Magazine, among others.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/Microsoft_layoff_details_emerge_44481927.html

Microsoft crimps products after second wave of job cuts

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2009/05/07/microsoft_products_scaled_back/