[News] New EU Policy Looks Like a Scandal

The SWIFT scandal of Lisbon

,----[ Quote ]
| The EU-Constitution, later rebranded as the
| Lisbon Treaty did not get a very warm
| reception.
|
| [...]
|
| Surprisingly the SWIFT debate does not
| receive much attention in the English news.
| In Germany it is big news. The Bundesrat, the
| Chamber of Federal States filed a strong
| resolution. The Libdems, among them Minister
| of Justice Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger are
| very sensitive to the issue. The German
| banking sector is alerted. In the middle of
| the month four nations blocked the agreement,
| among them also France, Finland and Austria.
| A fierce political battle happens behind the
| scenes. The current German position is
| abstention. Ironically Leutheusser-
| Schnarrenberger gets a lot of critical press
| now as if she was the driving force, not
| Chancellor Angela Merkel.
`----

http://arebentisch.wordpress.com/2009/11/30/the-swift-scandal-of-lisbon/

Analysis Mason spectrum report for the EU Commission

,----[ Quote ]
| I wonder how this report would take the Toia
| report from the European Parliament into
| account. It seems a bit upfront to claim that
| the Commission report would be based on the
| consortial study of Analysis-Mason. It makes
| the report vulnerable to attacks.
`----

http://arebentisch.wordpress.com/2009/11/30/analysis-mason-spectrum-report-for-the-eu-commission/

TACD Resolution on IPR Enforcement

,----[ Quote ]
| A colleague informed me that I completely
| overlooked the TACD recommendations on IPR
| enforcement (patents, copyright, trademarks
| etc.) measures. TACD stands for the
| transatlantic consumer dialogue and they
| officially represent âconsumersâ as
| stakeholders in the ongoing transatlantic
| Transatlantic Economic Council and ACTA
| negotiations as a counterpart to TABD, the
| transatlantic business dialogue.
`----

http://arebentisch.wordpress.com/2009/11/30/tacd-resolution-on-ipr-enforcement/

Recent:

EU competence to conclude Free Trade Agreements under the Lisbon Treaty

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://action.ffii.org/acta/lisbon