Re: [News] [Rival] Totality Likes Totality (Microsoft STILL Supports Oppressive Regime)

____/ High Plains Thumper on Wednesday 02 Dec 2009 11:02 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper on Wednesday:

>>> Like I said, I don't use it, I see no need for it.  :-)
>>
>> Internationally, Bong is said to be used by about 3% of
>> people.
>
> I think Microsoft is banking on the fact that 80% of the PC's
> with Windows on it, users will use it automatically in the new
> version of Internet Explorer.
>
> Fortunately, FireFox does not default to it, although it does
> allow provision to select it as a search engine.
>
> Good thing about Linux is that the Microsoft .NET patch for
> FireFox, which Microsoft forced all users of Windows to receive
> without choice in their update patch, is not included.  Now I
> don't know if Novell has included it with their SuSE.  If it did,
> then that sucks.  It also sucked that Microsoft made it difficult
> for Windows users to remove that plug-in.
>
> Yeah, Microsoft, the company that does not respect user rights to
> choice.

It's not good for shareholders. But Microsoft's mistake is that it thinks
being a criminal (and being recognised for it) is a smart business plan. It's not.
Many people avoid Microsoft as a matter of principle by now. The same cannot
be said about Google (unless you are a Microsoft employee, but they too use Google!).

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"
Tasks: 140 total,   1 running, 139 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie